Running into a car from under a taxi or with a twisted odometer is as easy as shelling pears.
If you’re looking for a car in the secondary market (although now is not the best time for this, according to experts), then make a checklist of mandatory checks for yourself.
1. Conscious choice. If the announcement of the sale causes you at least some doubts, it is better not to contact. Study the average market price for the selected model, compare offers on different sites.
*This material was created by a person who has the status of a foreign agent in the Russian Federation.
2. Checking the legal purity of the car. It must be done if you do not want to run into serious trouble – up to the loss of the purchased car. Now such an opportunity (both for a fee and for free) is provided by various sites (this can be done on the websites of the traffic police, Autocode, Autoteka, Register of pledges, etc.).
3. Checking the condition of the body. Pay attention to the gaps of body elements, the color and tone of the body, the date of manufacture of headlights, glasses, seat belts and other components, fasteners for removable body elements, the presence and originality of sealant, welding at the joints of body panels, door seals and other rubber bands.
4. Inspection of the engine compartment. Assess the levels of all technical fluids, the presence of leaks, fogging.
5. Electrical check. Make sure that the lamps, heating, power windows, air conditioning, windshield wipers are in working order.
6. Computer diagnostics. We need a survey of the ECU in order to assess the performance of the sensors, the health of the actuators, and try to find traces of the real mileage.
7. Test drive. You can either drive yourself or ride in the passenger seat with the seller. Evaluate the accelerating dynamics, the operation of the brakes and suspension, the presence of extraneous sounds.
8. Contract of sale. It must be formatted correctly. A sample can be found online.
“Behind the wheel” can now be watched on RuTube
Leave a Reply