Cameras learn to recognize different types of traffic violations, including using neural networks. And we have to pay for education. Disorder!
Now cameras can see not only in the visible range of light, but also in infrared, some can even capture ultraviolet light, see what is happening in the cabin, who is driving, and even recognize the driver’s face.
But the attempt to extend old laws from the last century to new technologies leads to numerous complaints and errors.
Here is just one example of an unfair fine for not wearing a seat belt.
case from practice
Oleg Ch. drove a carsharing car, observing all the rules of the road and the rules of the car rental service at the same time. And I was surprised to find in the mobile application a fine for not being fastened.
After a careful study of the photograph taken by the complex for fixing violations, it became clear what was the matter.
The down jacket on the left side of the driver pulled up a little and closed the belt, which can be seen on its right side. At the same time, the black color of the belt merged with the dark background of the rear of the car, so the part of the belt near the pillar is also not visible.
How to appeal an unfair fine?
A driver who decides to appeal such a decision will first have to obtain a power of attorney from the car sharing service, because the fine comes to the owner of the car, the car sharing company. Or a car sharing representative with a power of attorney from the company must go to the traffic police and, in accordance with Article 2.6.1 of the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Russian Federation, rewrite the fine for the driver, after which he must appeal it.
It takes a lot of time, so this unfair fine has long been paid.
Alas, this is what most people do. The fine was paid, but the sediment remained.
Therefore, I give recommendations to drivers who do not want to receive fines just like that – just because the camera “sees it that way”.
How to help the neural network
1. Get an inexpensive belt cover so it’s visible to the cameras. This is done in some European countries where they face similar problems.
2. Try not to wear black outerwear – in daylight, the belt merges with black clothing, so errors are possible. Use outerwear in bright colors. But at night you can safely ride in a black down jacket or coat – the camera shoots in the infrared range, so the belt is clearly visible against the black background.
3. Control the visibility of the camera strap during your trip. Adjust ripped clothes. The belt must always be visible.
4. Do not pass the belt under your clothes – you will get a fine with a very high probability.
5. Do not rush to pay the fine if the camera made a mistake. Appeal erroneous fines through the State Services, now there is such an opportunity.
The trend is certainly not good. The number and composition of offenses detected by the cameras will very soon be as high as possible. And any deviation from the level prescribed in the algorithm will be punishable by the ruble.
Why the driver should pay for the errors of smart electronics is, to put it mildly, not very clear (the law says quite the opposite). It is simply impossible to manually review 160 million fines, so there will be errors, incrementally.
There will also be more cameras. Moreover, gradually they will come to regions where there were very few of them before or not at all. They put them in faster than they teach them to work normally. And you will have to wait a long time until all technologies are perfected and worked out, and the percentage of erroneous fines will be minimized.
Therefore, follow our simple recommendations – the wallet will be healthier.
The testimonies of a passenger who was in the cabin at the time of photo fixation can simplify the task of appealing a fine. “Driving” can be read in Telegram.
Leave a Reply