Her application Andretti Global to enter its grid Formula 1 rejected from the FOM.
The application had been accepted by the FIA in 2023but in order for a team to be able to participate in the championship, it will have to go through the procedure approval his own sportand specifically her LibertyMediawhich is the owner of the rights, and of groups.
That didn't happen, in a move that looked like it pre-writtenas only the Alpine showed up positive on her arrival Andretti in sports.
The sport's decision is based on four positions that it has expressed categorically in the recent past, which it stated in its statement:
- The need for any new team to receive a mandatory supply of power unit, potentially for several seasons, would be detrimental to the prestige and standing of the Championship.
- While the Andretti name carries some recognition for F1 fans, our research shows that F1 would add value to the Andretti brand, not the other way around.
- The addition of an 11th team would put an operational burden on competition organizers, incur significant costs for some of them and reduce the technical, operational and commercial space of other competitors.
- We were unable to identify any significant expected positive impact on the financial results of the sport, as a key indicator of the net commercial value of the Championship.
- Based on the application as it stands, we do not believe that the Applicant has shown that it would add value to the Championship. We conclude that the Candidate's application to participate in the Championship should not be accepted.
Nevertheless, the “door” for 2028 remains openas now the rejected application concerned the Americans' proposal to enter the grid in view of 2025.
Malaysia wants to return to the Formula 1 calendar
Hamilton reunites with a much-needed partner from back in the day
The driver who declares himself ready to fight Verstappen for the championship