The Armed Forces of Ukraine are on active defense and are trying, at the best opportunity, to improve their tactical position and are moving on to attacking actions, the press service of the Ground Forces says.
In the Kupyansk direction, the Russian occupiers are currently not having success, so it is too early for the residents of Kharkov to worry. The head of the public relations service of the Command of the Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Vladimir Fityo, said this during the telethon.
“We see that the enemy has not had any important successes in the Kupyansk direction. Our defenders are in active defense, trying to improve their tactical position at the best opportunity, moving on to attacking actions. Therefore, the Kharkovites can be calm for now. There are some alarming ones now.” “there are no bells for Kharkiv residents,” Fityo said.
The Russian Armed Forces resumed assaults: Sinegubov spoke about the battles near Kupyansk
He called for the use of official information from official sources and emphasized that the situation in the Kupyansk direction is controlled, and the number of enemy troops that have been attacking here since October 2023 has not changed.
“Now we see that throughout the entire zone of responsibility of the OSV Khortitsa, the enemy is trying to find a weakness in the defense. And the emphasis is shifting. For example, from Bakhmut it can shift to Kupyansk, from Kupyansk to Bakhmut. All directions are important for the enemy,” he emphasized Fityo.
Let us recall that on January 9, military observer of the Information Resistance group Konstantin Mashovets said that there are now about 12 thousand Russian soldiers in the Belgorod region of the Russian Federation. This is not enough for an attack on Kharkov.
It was previously reported that Russian troops plan to concentrate forces to advance in the Kupyansky direction.