According to rescuers, a fire in a warehouse with polyethylene and cardboard packaging spread to 4 thousand square meters. The room itself could not be saved from the fire.
On Monday, January 8, a fire occurred in a warehouse in the city of St. Petersburg, Russian Federation. The fire area was 4 thousand square meters. The Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Russian Federation reported this.
“A hangar is on fire in the Nevsky district. There have been no reports of casualties,” the message says.
According to the source, the area of the fire is 4,000 square meters.
A little later, Russian firefighters noted that they had “localized the fire to 2,000 square meters.”
They also clarified that “the hangar with polyethylene and cardboard packaging is on fire.”
Also, the Russian publication Fontanka stated that rescuers encountered problems extinguishing the fire.
“They say that a hangar with polyethylene and cardboard was on fire. The area was waterless, so the hose had to be pulled first 600 meters, then a kilometer, the fire managed to spread to 4 thousand square meters. The hangar could not be saved, but the neighboring buildings were saved. There were no casualties. And then “Investigators will determine why it caught fire,” the message says.
Let us remind you that on November 24 there was a fire on the territory of the Moscow electrical substation “Chagino”. At the same time, thick smoke and a transformer fire, as well as 120 liters of fuel, were reported.
Also on December 4, a plant producing special vehicles burned in Moscow.
In addition, on December 7, the Elektrozavod burned in Moscow. The fire started on the first floor of the paint shop, located at a plant for the production of reinforced concrete products and metal structures.
And on December 1, the Sadovod market burned in Russia. Chemical cylinders exploded there. The fire area reached 600 square meters. According to the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations, a fire broke out in shopping pavilions. Later, the department clarified that goods in adjacent three-level containers caught fire at the market.