As a result of two waves of explosions in the city, many infrastructure facilities were damaged, including the Kharkiv Palace hotel, the Franik catering establishment and many others.
Since the evening of Saturday, December 30, Russian occupiers have attacked Kharkov several times. Residential buildings, a hospital, infrastructure facilities and a hotel were damaged in the city. Due to this Focus collected all the details of the latest attacks on the city.
Strike in the center of Kharkov: the Kharkiv Palace hotel and a residential building were damaged
On the evening of December 30, the Russians struck the city 16 times. As a result of the first Russian strike, damage to civilian infrastructure was recorded: a medical institution, apartment buildings, shops and other public places, and transport.
“The occupiers hit the central part of the city of Kharkov. There is damage to civilian infrastructure,” Oleg Sinegubov, head of the OVA, said in a statement.
According to the Office of the Prosecutor General, 20 people were injured as a result of an enemy attack on the center of Kharkov, including children and a foreigner.
But later it became known that the number of victims as a result of this attack had increased – 21 people are now known.
Note that the five-star Kharkiv Palace hotel was damaged as a result of a missile attack. It is located on Pravdy Avenue, 2 in the central part of the city and opened on December 15, 2011.
We got into Kharkiv Palace on the 12th floor.
According to the head of the GUNP in the Kharkov region, Alexander Timoshko, three hits by Russian missiles were also recorded in the Industrial District. Everything goes to the ground. According to him, there were no injuries as a result of these attacks.
Another hit destroyed a kindergarten and three medical facilities, and nearby residential buildings were damaged by the blast wave.
Attack on Kharkov by Shahed drones
At around 01:04 on the night of Sunday, December 31, at least four explosions were heard in Kharkov, and 10 minutes later a fifth was heard.
The mayor of Kharkov, Igor Terekhov, said that the city was under attack by “Shaheds” and there were several arrivals in the city center.
“Several residential buildings in the city center have been hit. There are fires there. All relevant services are already on site. Information about the victims is currently being clarified. All necessary assistance will be provided to the residents of these houses,” the mayor said.
State Emergency Service units extinguished two fires. As of the morning of December 31, the fire on the roof of the two-story building continues to be extinguished. According to preliminary data, there are no casualties or injuries.
Under the procedural leadership of the Kyiv and Shevchenko district prosecutor’s offices of Kharkov, pre-trial investigations have been launched into violations of the laws and customs of war (Part 1 of Article 438 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
Police have clarified the number of victims in Kharkov after two waves of shelling
According to the Kharkov region police and the head of the Kharkov OVA Oleg Sinegubov, Russian occupiers have attacked Kharkov with missiles and drones over the past 24 hours. As a result of two waves of shelling, 28 people were injured.
Previously Focus wrote that according to the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Alexey Danilov, the answer for the night shelling of Ukraine will not be long in coming. He assured that the Kremlin would not get the desired effect from a massive attack on Ukrainian cities.