There are many times when you have caught yourself getting stressed, just before entering a roundabout with your car, as few of us know which driver has priority.
Entering a roundabout requires special care, especially when there are no signs to regulate traffic.
Of course, the Road Traffic Code defines the rules regarding roundabouts and of course the fine for those who do not follow them, which amounts to 350 euros.
The fine for violating the rules amounts to 350 euros
It is noted that priority is given to the car coming from the right, i.e. the one entering the intersection, unless there is a STOP sign.
The rules of the K.O.K. in detail:
1. The driver approaching a level road junction is obliged to pay particular attention in order not to cause a danger or obstruction of traffic at the junction, adjusting the speed of his vehicle, so that he can interrupt its course, so that the vehicles passing have priority.
2. The driver is forbidden to enter the intersection, even if the existing traffic lights allow it, when the traffic density is such that he may be forced to stay at the intersection.
3. The driver who has entered the intersection where traffic is regulated by traffic lights, may exit it even before the free traffic signal is given in the direction he will follow, if the passage of other vehicles using the intersection will not be obstructed street and move in the open direction.
4. At the nodes the priority is defined with appropriate markings.
5. At nodes without such marking, the priority belongs to the one coming from the right
The marking with regulatory signs refers to the inverted triangle for mandatory right-of-way and STOP for mandatory stoppage.